2. I know no person in business, respected for verified good judgment, whose wisdom-maintenance system does not include use of such periodicals.
3. Soft science (social science) should more intensely imitate the fundamental organizing ethos of hard science (defined as the fundamental four-discipline combination" of math, physics, chemistry,and engineering).
Fundamental organizing ethos:
- You must both rank and use disciplines in order of fundamentalness.
- You must, like it or not, master to tested fluency and routinely use the truly essential parts of all four constituents of the fundamental four-discipline combination, with particularly intense attention give to disciplines more fundamental than your own.
- You may never practice EITHER cross-disciplinary absorption without attribution OR departure from a "principle of economy" that forbids explaining in any other way anything readily explainable from more fundamental material in your own or any other discipline.